Small Problem With Your Church Account
You have a small but not fatal error with your Church Facebook account. You have set up your church Facebook account as an individual and not as an organization. As such, your church can not take advantage of many benefits within Facebook, i.e.:
You Are Losing These Features:
- Visibility on the internet to non-Facebook members
- Ability to add applications
- Access to page visitor statistics to allow you see how many visit your page
Fear Not! You can fix this error in a few short steps and 2 minutes of your time:
The Two Minute Cure
- Login to your personal Facebook account
- Click: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Choose: “Organization.”
- Select: “Church/religious”
- Add your church name
- Check the box to agree to their terms.
- Click: “Get started”
You have now correctly setup your church Fanpage!
Correct Fanpage Setup:
You can add your church staff or anyone else you trust as an admin for your church page. Begin using this page as your primary account. We recommend that whatever you post, post on this page as well as your original account for couple weeks in order to populate the new account and also, educate your fans(members) to ‘like” your new page. You have now completed your task to prepare for the InviteToChurch app.
Look for more tips soon on how to tweak your Facebook fanpage for maximum visibility.